Sunday, September 21, 2008


We have had quite a crazy last eight days. First off, last Saturday, 9-13, my cousin Bryan got married to Brittine, and the goings on at that wedding kinda set the tone for events that have just ended today, lol. I won't say anymore about that. You also won't be seeing any pictures of that wedding because in my family we only remember to bring our cameras and forget to charge all three of the batteries that go with them, enough said. The next evening, Sunday, the wind started to pick up and up and up, and by 9:45 we did not have electricity, which isn't all that bad, except that it didn't come back on until Tuesday evening around 7:30. So we spent the next couple days running back and forth between our house and my parents' house to do all those pesky little things like bathe, and of course my work involves me to constantly be on the computer so I had to work at my parents' house also. On top of not having electricity, our phones were also dead, which with cell phones again isn't that bad, except..............we have no service in our small neck of the woods, and, yes, we still have dial-up, which meant I did not have the ability to get online. That caused me a little concern because I wasn't sure how long it would take for withdrawl to set in and I wanted to be prepared. Well, I now can tell you exactly how long it takes, SEVEN DAYS!!! Yep, we just got our phones back on today. Seriously how long does it take to fix this stuff??? Every time I would go into Sugar Grove and would see an Amish buggy, I couldn't help but wonder how humerous they all found us Englishers this last week, complaining about no light, no use of the toilets (for those of us who have wells), no TV, computers. I could just sense them shaking their heads at us and laughing. Well, I know I would never make it as an Amish woman. I am completely accustomed to the life I live, lol, and I'm sorry to say I complained the whole 48 hours we didn't have electricity, the phones not so much. And the grand finale to this week was that Logan has tonsillitis and a cold, which she lovingly is trying desperately to give to her mother and I. I'm pretty sure I've caught the cold so I'll be a little foggy from self-medicating my way through this coming week, and Leyna is well on her way to another lousy week also. So to make a long story even longer, I can't wait until October finally gets here!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I can sympathize. We didn't go as long as you w/o electic, but ours was off for 14 hours as well as the phones. Thank goodness I took a shower the night before, but I still had to go to work with lovely hair. I had to throw away about $100.00 worth of food, that sucked. Hopefully this week will be better for you. I actually think the Amish have it better!