Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

AN ALPHABET MEME

First off, what is a MEME? I asked that same question a couple weeks ago after seeing them mentioned on a number of blogs I'm a lurker on. So.....I looked it up!

A meme (pronounced /miːm/) comprises a unit or element of cultural ideas, symbols or practices; such units or elements transmit from one mind to another through speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. The etymology of the term relates to the Greek word mimema for mimic.


I tell you all that to say that my new bloggy friend Betsy has assigned me the letter "J" for my Alphabet Meme. And so here's what we're gonna do. Leave a comment on this post and I will assign you a letter. Write about ten things you love that begin with said letter. Post the list on your blog. When people comment on your list, you assign a letter, and the game continues. I will only assign a letter if you request it, so don't forget to leave a comment.

This is actually kind of tricky to do, so here we go.

JESUS --- This one is kind of a no-brainer. I love Jesus, I love his Church, I love his people, and I love the life he has been guiding me towards since the day I was born.

JUDAH --- Judah was the fourth son of Jacob, one of the patriarchs of the Old Testament and father of the twelve tribes of Israel. Our Lord was born from the tribe of Judah.

JOB --- I'm a freelance court reporter and I love my job. I don't always like it or some of the people I have to deal with, but I do love it. Pssst....don't tell anyone, but it was my Mom's idea 21 years ago.

JESTING --- Nobody likes jesting and verbally sparring back and forth more than me and my family. We love cornball jokes (another J word) and we love to laugh and fool around.

JOYOUS --- You all knew this word would be on the list. As Christians we are commanded to "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say Rejoice!" To be filled with joy --- Joyous!

JOSH & JAKE --- I had to combine these two brothers, my nephews, because if one saw his name on here and not the other...well, we know what would happen. And it goes without saying that I love these two guys very much!

JUSTICE --- Working in the legal profession, and working in our local courthouses from time to time, I love when true justice is served. Not revenge, but JUSTICE. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes, by our human standards, the punishment does fit the crime.

JELLO --- I like a good jello pie. Oh, not just the Jello you mix up. No, I'm talking about the kind of pie where you mix the Jello with some cream cheese and powdered sugar (and some other ingredients I can't remember off the top of my head), poured into a graham cracker crust. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

JAMMING --- I love jamming, whether it's listening or singing along to my favorite tunes on the radio, singing and dancing with my granddaughter in our livingroom to Disney Tunes, or singing praises to our God.

JIGSAWS --- I haven't been able to put them together too often, but I do love jigsaw puzzles. I remember when I was little my granny always had one out on her kitchen table when we went to visit.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Jackie.... You did GREAT --and I loved it. One that stuck out in my mind was JUSTICE.. Since you work in the justice system, you probably see justice prevail more than I think it is. I get so upset at the horrible judges we have these days --and the fact that, in my mind, justice seldom prevails anymore.

Our family used to work jigsaw puzzles also...There would be one set up on a card table and whoever wanted could help put the pieces in.

I love playing jokes also---and when my family is together, someone is always playing a practical joke on another one. It never gets boring.

And of course, you know how I feel about No. 1 and 2!!!!!
Lots of Hugs and thanks again for doing this,
Betsy