Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY

Today, May 4th, marks a day that I will never ever forget because exactly one year ago today I saw my little girl's face for the first time, and the story goes like this.

At the time I was working at the Warren County Courthouse full-time as the court stenographer (you know, the one with the little machine taking down everything everyone says in court). I had just walked into the judges' chambers during a recess from whatever proceedings were going on, when I was given a message by Sue, one of the deputy court administrators, that our adoption agency was trying to get ahold of me. I knew immediately what it was about. The new "list" from China had just come out the night before and I was hoping we'd be matched with a little girl from that list...AND WE WERE! I called Kim from our agency and she told me that she thought she had found our daughter and would I like to see a picture of her. Are you kidding me?!?! Of course I want to see her...but the recess was over and I had to get back into court. I know, I know, the court system waits for no man/woman. Truth be told, the judge had no idea what was going on behind the scenes and I didn't have an opportunity to tell him or I definitely would have!

TWO...HOURS...LATER...I finally am able to call Kim back and tell her that I'd be home in 20 minutes and to email me that picture ASAP! It was now about 3 PM. And, yes, I went immediately home and opened the email all by myself.

Now, at this point, let me explain something to you all. My husband doesn't get home from working until sometimes 8 PM. That would've been FIVE ADDITIONAL HOURS that I would have had to wait to see my daughter (and I did already know she was the one BTW). And since I already knew what his answer was gonna be, I called Roger and asked him if he would mind if I saw her for the first time without him. He of course didn't mind because he's that kinda guy and that's why I love him.

When I saw Ciara for the first time, my first thought was, "Yep, that's her, that's our little girl!" It was as if everything I had ever imagined she'd look like came together in that one little picture and it just fit. She just fit, she was our little girl from that second forward :) We love you very much, Sweet Ciara!

Then.And...NOW!"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

(Jeremiah 29:11)



No comments: