Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Day in Beijing






I didn't get many pictures today because my battery died, but we visited the Temple of Heaven as it's called, then we also went to a pearl factory and learned a little about pearls. After that we were taken to a local marketplace where only the strong survive. What a zoo! Vendors everywhere with no room to spare except the gauntlet style aisle we unsuspecting customers had to walk through. And when I say guantlet, I mean making it outta there without at least ten people grabbing your arm and trying to drag you to their particular "shop." It was crazy to say the least and a bit unnerving. All I kept thinking was, man, if you'd just stop touching me and following me, I just might actually buy something. Now to the important stuff! We flew outta Beijing at what was supposed to be 5:05 PM, which became 5:50 PM, and landed in Hefei at 7:10 PM. Our hotel here is very nice. Okay, enough of that. I have to be at the Hefei SWI tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM to meet my daughter for the first time. Fantastic!!! There are four other couples in our group; three of them get their little girls in the morning also and the other two after 3 PM tomorrow, so please pray for me and them also. We all are going to have an emotional and stressful day tomorrow. Enjoy the photos!!!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Aaah love the pics, especially the Great Wall pic, what a view!

Okay so at 9:30 tonight, when all my kids are tucked in bed and the house is nice and quiet I am going to be praying for you and Ciara. I'll be praying for a smooth transition for her and that her heart will be filled with peace. And for you, my prayers will be that you will soak up this day and that you heart will be filled with joy.

Anonymous said...

It's tomorrow there, where you are (it's 7:05PM on Saturday here). I'm thinking of you!

Karin said...

Oh wow...heart thumping! When I wake up tomorrow, you will have your sweet baby girl!!! Praying for a good transition for you both. :)

Kat said...

I can NOT wait to see you with your little one in your arms! Praise God the time is here!