Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Heart for Adoption

As many of you know Roger and I are in the process of adopting a little girl from China, it will be a couple years from now, but we are also in the final stages of becoming a registered foster family in our county's foster to adopt program. If you would have told me 10 yrs ago that I would be considering even adopting one child, I wouldn't have believed it, I had a child and I was done, my heart wasn't in it, and Roger's wasn't either for that matter. But after my granddaughter was born {I'm laughing at that one}, something changed, God instilled in both Roger and I a heart for adoption. I don't know how many children it will lead us to, so we'll just go with it, although if I had my way it would be as many as possible because there are so many orphans and you see, unlike adults, children love to hear about Jesus and what he has to say to them. As many of you may already know, Steven Curtis Chapman lost his five year old daughter Maria in a horrible accident at their home. She was the youngest of three daughters he and his wife adopted from China. He made this video about adoption. Grab a Kleenex.

No comments: